My daughter adores tomato soup and this might just be, wait, it is 100% the very best tomato soup I have eaten.
The fact that it is ridiculously easy to whip up just makes it an absolute winner! Pair with your very favourite bread or bake your own. You can try the delicious Camembert, Portuguese loaf I put together for this soup.
I created this recipe when we bought too many punnets of cherry tomatoes, and upon opening them, I realised that they were too ripe to store for divided use in salad. I thought of making a tomato salad but that day happened to be blistering cold.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup
- 800 grams cherry tomatoes
- 2 brown onions quartered
- 2 carrots chopped into chunks
- 1 red pepper seeded and quartered
- 1 tbls garlic finely diced
- 2 tbls tomato paste
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 l chicken or vegetable stock
- 200 ml cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and chop all vegetables.
- Place the tomatoes, red pepper, carrots, onion and rosemary in a large roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and toss with garlic. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Warm chicken stock in a large pot over medium heat. Add roasted vegetables, sugar and tomato paste. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- blend the soup until very smooth. Finish off with cream (or plate and add a dash of cream to each bowl to create pretty swirls.