This is an absolutely delectable combination of unexpected flavours. For a super delicious, quick midweek meal you can use shop-bought gnocchi. I had some time and loads of sweet potato and decided to make my own sweet potato gnocchi which paired beautifully with the dish.
Here is a link to the sweet potato gnocchi, if you are curious!
BACON, PEAR & BLUE CHEESE GNOCCHI
Servings 2 people
- 1 tbls butter
- 2 pears cored and sliced
- 1 handful sage leaves chopped, a few reserved for garnish
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 250 g bacon chopped
- 125 ml white wine
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml cream
- 100 g blue cheese crumbled
- 500 g gnocchi see notes
- Prepare all ingredients. Chop sage, garlic and bacon. Core and slice pears and crumble cheese.
- Bring a large frying pan up to medium heat and add butter, once melted add the pear rings and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and sage. Fry for a further 4 minutes. Add the bacon and fry for 6 minutes.
- Next add the wine, simmer for 5 minutes before adding the cream and stock and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Use this time to cook your gnocchi.
- Finish off with blue cheese and season to taste. Toss through the gnocchi and garnish with Sage leaves. Bon Appétit!