Truefood Split Green Peas are NON GMO and rich in vitamins and minerals, they are low in fat, high in fibre and can be included in weight loss or weight management eating plans, further to being great for vegan and vegetarian diets as they are high in iron and protein.
Split green peas are part of the legume family. Split peas are dehulled and split in half. The split peas have a mild flavour and soft texture. The split pea has more of an earthy flavour than the whole dried pea and is similar to lentils in versatility and nourishment.
Split Green Peas are;
- Rich in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
- High in Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus that are crucial for healthy bones and teeth
- Rich in B vitamins that help to maintain energy levels throughout the day
- High in folate that assists in new cell development and aids in a healthy pregnancy
- Rich in copper that increases iron absorption