- It contains the anti-oxidants beta-carotene and lycopene (which give the oil its distinctive deep red-orange colour), as well as superoxide dismutase (SOD), a key enzyme that helps prevent free radical damage.
- Seabuckthorn is the No 1 source of the anti-inflammatory Omega-7, palmitoleic acid. It also contains GLA (gamma-linoleic acid), the Omega 6 essential fatty acid also found in evening primrose, borage and hemp and which has excellent skin repair credentials.
- It’s loaded with other micro-nutrients such as vitamins E, A and C.
- It’s high in trace elements such as copper, iron, selenium, and manganese.
With all those powerful nutrients and free radical fighters, Biobodi Organic Seabuckthorn Berry Oil delivers a variety of skincare benefits:
- Anti-Aging: The combination of anti-oxidants and SOD protects against free radical damage. They help prevent age spots and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Glycation effects: When we eat too much sugar, glucose proteins can attach to collagen and elastin, causing early signs of aging. Seabuckthorn oil can break apart the bindings and heal the cellular structure of these key skin proteins.
- Acne and Eczema: Seabuckthorn reduces scarring, swelling, and inflammation, allowing the skin to break the inflammatory cycle and heal itself.
- Sun damage: Seabuckthorn is a natural sunscreen, and helps defend against premature ageing caused by the sun’s UV rays.
- Rosacea: Seabuckthorn oi is beneficial for rosacea, a chronic inflammatory condition that causes small red bumps on the face.
- Softens and Hydrates: With Seabuckthorn’s high Vitamin E content, the oil will deeply penetrate the skin’s layers, holding hydration and softening the tissue.
Biobodi Seabuckthorn Berry Oil is obtained by supercritical CO2 extraction, which yields an oil of the highest quality with all its nutrients intact. The oil is certified organic.
NOTE: This oil is extracted from the fruit, not the seed.
Available in 50ml glass bottles.