Truefood Mung beans are NON-GMO, also referred to as Moong beans, they are high in fibre with no cholesterol and a low glycaemic index (low-GI), mung beans are a good source of protein making them a great addition to vegan and vegetarian diets. The wide range of nutrients found in Mung beans offer a host of health benefits for the immune system, the metabolism, heart and other organs .
Mung beans have a hearty and wholesome flavour when cooked, with a crunchy texture they are commonly used in curries, soups and casseroles.
Mung beans are:
- High in fibre that can in digestion and maintain digestive health
- Rich in Vitamin K that is crucial for regulating normal blood clotting with injuries
- High in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
- High in Phosphorous that detoxes the body and maintains bone and dental health
- High in folate that helps bodies make new cells and aids in a healthy pregnancy