Truefood Red Split lentils are NON GMO, low in fat, high in fibre and high in protein, they are a perfect addition to vegan and vegetarian diets as they are also a source of iron amongst other vitamins and minerals.
Red split lentils are made from removing the outer skin of a red football lentil and splitting it into two. Commonly used for Indian dishes like dahl, split lentils become mushy when cooked and do not retain their shape.
Red Split Lentils are;
- High in Iron an important component of haemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- High in Protein that is crucial for many functions within the body
- Rich in fibre that aids in digestion and maintains digestive health
- High levels of folate in Black-eye beans help bodies make new cells and aid in a healthy pregnancy
- Rich in Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus that are crucial for healthy bones and teeth