Truefood Haricot Beans are NON-GMO, sometimes referred to as Navy beans they are rich in minerals and protein making them ideal for those who follow vegan and vegetarian diets. A serving of beans contains no cholesterol, lots of complex carbohydrates and virtually no fat. In addition, beans are a good source of B vitamins, potassium and digestive health promoting fibre.
Haricot beans have a mild flavor with a buttery like texture, often used for baked beans, soups and cassseroles, they are small oval and creamy – white in colour.
Haricot Beans are:
- High in fibre that aids in digestion and maintains digestive health
- Rich in Calcium and Magnesium that are crucial for healthy bones
- High in folate that helps bodies make new cells and aids in a healthy pregnancy
- Rich in Phosphorous that detoxes the body and maintains bone and dental health
- High in Thiamin (B1) that converts food into fuel and maintains proper heart and nerve function